Dry & Oil Type Reactors
When used in electrical systems as filters or to limit short circuits to a safe value, Dry & Oil Type Reactors are called Current Limiting Reactors. Reactors are placed on SCR Drives or Inverters to absorb electrical noise created by the drive called notching. Pulse distortion and harmonics are bi-directional protecting filtering devices. which solve many problems associated with electrical power conversion equipment.
Most VFD manufacturers incorporate a DC Link Choke ahead of the DC bus capacitors, in the ripple filter circuit, this limits the rate of change of line current relative to time (di/dt) into the capacitors. This results in a lower peak current by 40% to 60%, or when substituted by three phase input reactor typical values are 3% or 5% of the line impedance.
UL Recognized Insulation System DV-220 for up to 600 Volts, UR labeled.
- Lower than Nema Standards Sound Level
- LV Molded Case C. Breaker, or Panelboard
- Watt Hour Meter System
- Totally Enclosed, Non-Ventilated
- Optional Temperature rises are 80°C or 115°C
- Higher than standards BIL rating
- Open core and coil, special OEM Terminal locations
- Ventilated Enclosure, Indoor or Outdoor
- Totally enclosed non-ventilated
- Operating Frequency: 50, 60, 400 Hz or special